Awards & Recognition
• First Place Award, Abstract Competition for painting "The Eos Crisis", awarded by Elizabeth Merchant of Focus Point Shape International Art Gallery.
• Award of Excellence, Photographer's FORUM Magazine.
• Self-Portrait included in book "Best of Photography 2016", by Photographer's FORUM Magazine.
• Photographer Award, from the Average Joe Photo Show, Lori Warner Studio Gallery in Chester, Connecticut.
• Second Place Award, Portraits Competition for "Self-Portrait", awarded by Focus Point Shape International Art Gallery.
• Second Place Award, Mixed Media Competition, awarded by Focus Point Shape International Art Gallery.
• Photographer Award Runner Up, from the Average Joe Photo Show, Lori Warner Studio Gallery in Chester, Connecticut.
Academy of Art University
2014 - 2016 // BFA // Art History
2011 - 2014 // AA // Photography
Joe Papagoda (b. 1992) is a master artist of the new generation with a visionary approach of a powerful variety.
Talented since childhood, Joe self-taught himself the arts while developing a diverse set of skills early on and in such a way that was true to his own natural ability and later advanced to study at the Academy of Art University, receiving an AA in 2014, and a BFA in 2016.
Joe’s artworks are collected in major cities, by celebrities, as well as internationally. Joe has also been commissioned by the Tilden hotel in late 2016 to create an original artwork to be transformed into a 65 x 35 foot printed mural that will be visible throughout the whole hotel. In 2016 he was also invited to join the artstar.com gallery to offer exclusive limited edition fine art prints of his abstracts, as well as select originals in 2017. Joe was also invited to lecture on the topics of art, photography, and review AP student portfolios with Nepris inc.
Joe’s approach to art is not in conformity to the common milk-and-water approaches. He has elected to become his own authority and keep with his divergent ability and advances with his own hallmarks and tends to dismiss even the formal approach to art creation and rather works authentically in his own manner while combining mediums with the intent of inspiring others.
Although a majority of Joe's artwork is formed in a fluid & organic manner with color dominated arrangements of erupting color & hidden details that awaken a certain creative vision & individual empowerment in the minds of the viewer - he also creates dramatic photographs, and semi-abstract artworks - subverting the common concept that artist's are contracted to a single approach. Additionally, his artworks are often paired with poetic titles to create a sense of mystery, and narration that allows the viewer’s mind to wander further into the conceptual meaning of the artwork.
Embracing his own individuality, Joe has built upon the foundation of the American lead art movement known as Abstract Expressionism and naturally updated this approach for a contemporary audience, while still creating artworks that are timeless in a stylistic method, similar to the authenticity of works of masters of modern art like Dali, and Picasso, whose works were as instantly recognizable and ageless.
Outside of art Joe enjoys sci-fi films, researching history, modern art history, reading about mysteries, and cryptozoology.